Monday, July 6, 2009

Cool down with cranberry lemonade


It has been so hot the past few weeks and nothing is better in hot weather than a refreshing glass of ice cold lemonade. Here is a fairly healthy twist on lemonade that is easy, too.

Just purchase a large can of frozen lemonade, mix with 4 cans of water and add a large bottle of cranberry juice or pomegranate/cranberry juice. Use the kind without sugar added. There will be some sugar in the lemonade but the fruit juice has no added sugar. This is a great non-carbonated drink that is really refreshing and has nutritional value, too.

My cranberry lemonade was very inexpensive. I paid 89 cents for the lemonade and the cranberry juice was buy one get one free. I had a coupon for 50 cents offm so the total cost of my lemonade, which would easily serve at least 10 to 12, was about $2.50.

Add crushed ice and lemon slices and it makes a great party beverage. I recently served it at a shower and it was a big hit. In the photo I added a mint sprig for a garnish.

This recipe makes a little more than a gallon. If the lemonade will be sitting out for awhile, use less water. If you prefer a sparkling punch you can substitute 4 cups of sparkling water.

Try to keep cool. We have quite a number of summer days ahead.

1 comment:

  1. I love all things cranberry so I'll have to give this one a try for sure! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete