Friday, July 31, 2009

Making the most out of a paper bag

The other day I needed a little gift bag, but I couldn't find a suitable one anywhere. During my search, I saw an unopened package of 50 white paper bags I have had for a very long time. It hit me that if I used my edge punch, I could turn them into something that would work and be pretty as well.
It worked on these white paper bags but it wasn't as easy to punch as card stock. I had to clean the paper off the punch a little more often because the paper is so thin. It worked for me and it is something I will do again. Higher quality bags would probably be easier to punch, but I was happy to use what I had on hand.

I am thinking of other ways to use the bags. They could make nice cookie bags if you folded down the top and stapled them. Adding a ribbon would be a nice touch.

The decorative punch can be found at Michael's. Use the forty percent off coupon that comes in the paper and it will be very reasonably priced.

2 comments: