Monday, July 27, 2009

Making quick quesadillas


Last night, my son decided to stop by at the same time I was having a dilemma. What should I cook for supper? (My real problem was not planning ahead but that was beside the point.)

I had all the ingredients for quesadillas and I really hadn't made them before but my son and his wife had so they gladly pitched in to help. It was really, really easy and enjoyable to make together.

I think I will have to add this as a regular menu item for times when I want something fast and easy.

Chicken Quesadillas

4 whole grain flour tortillas
butter
1 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped
1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
cilantro
Optional ingredients: sauteed green peppers, jalepenos, zuchinni
salsa and sour cream to garnish

In saute pan melt a small amount of butter and put one tortilla in pan. Layer half of chicken, cheese, tomatoes onions, cilantro and optional ingredients. Top will another tortilla and press down with spatula until bottom is browned, turn and cook until the other side is browned. Remove onto cutting board and cut into wedges. Repeat. Top with salsa and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment