Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Old fashioned pepper sauce

I grew up using pepper sauce on my greens -- turnip greens, collards, mustard greens and kale. It was always on our pantry shelf . Even though my mother was the cook, my father was the pepper sauce maker. He took great pride in his pepper sauce and worked hard to perfect it.

We didn't have his recipe for many years after he passed away, but were delighted to find he had given his recipe to a friend. She put it in the cookbook published by our home church a few years ago.
This year has been a great year for growing peppers in our garden and I have been making peppers from my father's recipe. I am so glad he shared the recipe with our friend and neighbor because she eventually returned the favor. It will be nice to have pepper sauce again.

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful this turned up in a church cookbook! (As the happy recipient of some of your peppers, I know your pepper sauce will be great!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black pepper is known to treat and help a number of ailments. The essential oil of black pepper is often added to massage blends and applied to aching or painful joints and muscles, whether the pain is sports related or through arthritic or rheumatic pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply desire to say your article is as surprising.
    The clearness in your post is simply nice and i could assume you
    are an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission let me
    to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post.
    Thanks a million and please keep up the enjoyable work.

    My blog Cha0Vu19Vi.Bravejournal.Com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very descriptivе blоg, I lοveԁ that bit.
    Will theгe be a part 2?

    Feеl free to surf to my page; augen lasern

    ReplyDelete