Thursday, October 1, 2009

Cheesecake brownies

The second brownie recipe is an easy one, too. I think when you marry brownies and cream cheese it is a match made in heaven, don't you? What could be better.

I came up with this recipe because I was trying to find a way to dress up an ordinary pan of brownies. I wanted it to be easy and tasty.

This is what I came up with. My family loved it and I hope yours will, too.

For this batch, I used a Ghirardelli mix. It was a "Buy one, get one" deal -- but not as cheap as Betty Crocker and I didn't have any coupons. The reason I bought this brand is -- no trans fats. I will admit this brand is really the best. The pan of brownies is not quite as big as the Betty Crocker Supremes, but you can't argue with the take. Yum! I am sure this recipe would work with the brownie mix of your choice.


Cheesecake Brownies

1 brownie mix, as directed
1 package cream cheese
1/8 cup sugar
1 egg

Preheat oven according to the package directions. Mix the brownies according to the directions on the box. Grease pan and pour in the brownie batter.

Mix the cream cheese, sugar and egg in a bowl and spread on the top of the brownie mix. Place in preheated oven and cook according to package directions. Remove from oven, cut into squares and save.

No comments:

Post a Comment