Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving prep

Of course I know we are all in the process of getting things ready for the big holiday tomorrow. This year, I am also having out of town family/company so I am trying to get a few last minute things done before they arrive.

I have finished my centerpiece, above, in a big long white bread basket. It is hard to see the basket, above, but I think the white will look nice on my white tablecloth.

On the kids table I bought a tiny arrangement and placed it in a turkey napkin holder, see above. You can also see the pilgrim place mat -- very cute for reminding children the story behind the holiday. It's not just about turkey. I will also give them crayons and paper for drawing. Maybe it will keep them busy for awhile.

I have a couple of crafts for the kids. The ice cream cones/cornucopias above are from an idea from Martha Stewart living. I made the bend in the cones and flattened the bottoms with steam as suggested in the web site, see below. I do intend to make changes. One will be that I will use grapes and/or blueberries to put inside the cones instead of jelly beans. Kids really love grapes and why wouldn't grapes be a great choice? I also will dip the opening in melted dark chocolate and then dipped in chopped almonds. Not perfect, but much healthier. I wish I could show you the finished ones but the kids are not here yet.

I wish you all a very blessed Thanksgiving and I know if you are like me, it is time to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment