Friday, December 4, 2009

Getting help with outdoor decorations

This morning, as I was on my way to work, I saw men with a truck getting ready to install outdoor lighting at a house in my neighborhood. I was quite impressed for a couple of reasons. One, that someone had found a person who did this for a living -- and two, that anyone had the money for it in this economy!

I then thought how great this service would be for some people. If you were not physically able to hang lights, were working too much but have a hankering to decorate, or just couldn't do things like this -- it could be the perfect solution.

There is obviously a market for this kind of thing. I asked the men who were unloading the truck where they were from and they said they were working out of Locust Grove. I looked them up on the Internet at www.christmasdecor.net and sure enough, it was the company -- and a franchise.

There should also be some local people who do the same thing but I tried to find someone and I couldn't find anyone who does this same thing on the Internet. I am guessing an event planner, a decorator or a lighting company would be good local candidates for a job like this. If you know of anyone, let me know.

I can't wait to see how it turns out. I thought everyone who decorated their lawns did it as a DIY project. I am very impressed with the ingenuity of starting this kind of business. I would think it would really bring a lot of joy during this season.

1 comment:

  1. I have seen signs for a different company doing this sort of thing, but I'm afraid I can't remember the name of the company! I did read recently about some grandchildren who "put up the lights" for their grandparents as a Christmas gift, and I thought that was a very sweet idea.

    ReplyDelete