Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A great site for a cookie swap

Yesterday I received an email from Southern Living feauring 50 best loved cookies recipes. I just loved it. In fact I loved it so much, I decided to use it as my blog topic of the day! Imagine -- Chunky Chocolate Gobs! And Mississippi Mud cookies, Cappuccino Frosted Brownies, Death by Caramel Bars and Mudslide Brownies. Not to mention the cheesecake varieties and some old standbys I remember from childhood like Bourbon Balls and Pecan Crescents. I remember them well. Click on the graphic above to see the website.

There are some really great -- and creative cookies here. It reminds me of the wonderful cookie swap I attended a couple of years ago. Each guest made a dozen cookies to eat and a dozen to exchange for each person who attended. I had a variety of cookies to serve up to guests right up until Christmas. I did have to bake a large amount of one kind of cookie but that was easier than baking small batches of 6 or 7 kinds of cookies.

In fact, I think this site would be a really, really wonderful way to start a cookie swap. Just choose 6 to 8 of your friends and let each choose a recipe from this site. Bake one dozen for yourself and the rest to share and you will have your baking done for Christmas. Just make sure one person chooses Chunky Chocolate Gobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment