Friday, January 29, 2010

Garden wrapup

Last night I came home to a bunch of turnip greens soaking in a pail. My husband and sister worked hard to clear the garden to get it ready for planting and this was almost the final thing left from our winter garden. They were pretty dirty and some were a little frostbitten around the edges but I think we will wind up with a nice dish of little turnips chopped into greens -- the perfect winter treat. I think I will bake some winter squash to serve with them.

We do have some carrots still growing in the garden but it remains to be seen if they will grow to maturity. We will plant around them and hope for the best.

Normally, I would have regrets about the last thing picked from the garden but I know it won't be too much longer before I can serve more greens, lettuce, peas and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment