Thursday, February 18, 2010

Broccoli and Friends

This morning I was making a salad for my lunch and as I topped it with the nice sprouts I mentioned in an earlier post, I knew it was time for an update.

My first batch of sprouts was just alfalfa. Very tasty but I was itching to try the "Broccoli and Friends" mix. As I mentioned the "friends" are crimson clover, china radish and alfalfa. I think what surprised me was that the sprouts were very fresh tasting. I expected them to have a strong flavor but they really don't. I like them a little better than the alfalfa sprouts. These sprouts are not all one size and I like that, too. If you notice in the photo, some are a little pink and I don't think the photo shows how nice and green these sprouts are.

I used 1-1/2 tablespoons of the sprouting seeds, soaked them overnight and washed them every morning and evening. They were ready after four days and I have really been piling them on my salads. Healthy and tasty, much better than in the grocery store and economical when you grow them yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment