Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence Day (continued)


This past weekend there was quite a bit of celebrating going on. I am sure there are quite a few people who are guilty of "over-celebration" will need the day to get over Saturday and Sunday. It is a rare time when a holiday seems to spread over a number of days like it did this year.

We had a quiet weekend without too much celebration but we did go to my sister's house to light up some "legal in Georgia" fireworks and we really enjoyed them. I think our fireworks weren't quite as flashy as those the neighbors sent flying up over the trees, but we enjoyed every one of our non-ariel illuminations.


I probably spent more time trying to take photos than watching the display, but I really enjoyed it.
We had chips, salsa and watermelon and it was simple and snacky and very nice. We washed the snacks down with bottled water and had fun laughing and talking and teasing each other.


I think it is appropriate that we are getting into a season of elections and I am using this 4th of July holiday to contemplate what it means to be an American and the freedoms we often take for granted.

So enjoy your day and count your blessings. If today is your holiday, have a cookout, maybe some watermelon, chips and salsa -- and make sure you celebrate the holiday with a grateful heart. As for me, I will get back to work and try and decide who in the world (or Georgia) to vote for on July 20.

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful photos! That is not easy to take 'night photos' and be able to see such great detail. It's a good time of year to take stock and I appreciate all the freedoms that we have, we are a very fortunate nation. Thanks for sharing the photos, there are some beauts! Happy Fourth of July to you and yours, Joanie

    ReplyDelete