Monday, February 8, 2010

Southeastern Flower Show


Last Friday, I went to the Southeastern Flower Show with my friend and editor, Angela, to help prepare for our upcoming Newnan-Coweta Magazine gardening issue that comes out in May. Evidently, it was much smaller then in the past and many were disappointed but, I did enjoy it as I learned about a few new techniques, a few new products and I saw some really beautiful flowers.

The vendors had a number of things for sale that were interesting and I saw products I don't see everyday. In addition to the plants, there were garden fashions, seeds, tools, fertilizers, potting soil and books, all to help the attendees become better gardeners.

One of the main sponsors was Home Depot, and I enjoyed seeing the plants that had been forced to grow just for the show, especially the beautiful herbs. I know I can count on seeing these plants and more for sale at our local Home Depot and Lowe's in a few weeks.

I will share more tomorrow about the beautiful flora -- and useful information I received at the show. Meanwhile, I did purchase some seed to get me started on some plants for spring planting.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I missed seeing those herbs! (Glad you got a photo for us!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos! Makes me feel like I am 'at the show!' Thanks for sharing, Joanie

    ReplyDelete