Thursday, February 4, 2010

Two things

First: When I purchased my sprouts from Amazon.com, I bought the last cookbook I plant to buy this year. I was planning on buying it eventually but by adding this book to my purchase, I didn't have to pay shipping. I probably saved around $5.

I would like to use my crock pot more this year, plus I really like Robin Robertson's cookbooks. I am hoping this one will be just what I need to keep my slow cooker going with tasty meals. It is so welcoming to have a crock pot stew or even a dessert. There are some fascinating recipes and I will be trying them very soon. I also like the title, "Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker." The titles of Robertson's books and recipes are always very clever and so far I have been very impressed with the recipes, too. One thing I plan to try is crock pot oatmeal. Waking up to a warm breakfast appeals to me.

Second: My sprouts are really growing. This is after soaking the sprouts and rinsing them this morning and afternoon. I see a little green peeking out. It won't be long now until I have some great hydroponic sprouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment