Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Treat: Irish Cream Coffee

What is more fitting for today than a cup of Irish Coffee. I think Irish Breakfast tea is also a good choice, but right now I am just loving my coffee. Mine is a non-alcoholic version but I think it is still a good treat.

It really is simple to make. I brewed a good strong cup of flavored coffee. Vanilla cream is good but if you can find Irish cream it would be even better. There are several companies that sell that variety, most are online companies.

In a small bowl, I poured about 1/4 cup of whipping cream and added 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of sugar. I whipped it until it is just past frothy and beginning to hold together. If it forms peaks you have whipped it too long.

In my cup, I first put a heaping spoonful of brown sugar.

Then I poured the coffee until the cup was 3/4 full and stirred.

I filled the cup with whipped topping. This can get messy.

You can dust the top with cinnamon, if you want. This one was good without cinnamon. You aren't supposed to stir it, but I kind of like it stirred. This makes a nice after-dinner dessert treat and I don't think it would be any better by adding little Irish whiskey, but I might be in the minority on that.

3 comments:

  1. YUM!! I wish I had some right now!!
    Rhonda Spooner

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! (And if Rhonda gets some, I want some too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy St. Patrick's Day! That looks so delicious - you have the best recipes!
    Thanks for sharing & I will try this recipe out,
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete