Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fish prints at the museum



While my daughter and her husband were on their retreat, my husband and I were entertaining our grandsons, ages 7 and 5. One of the fun things we decided to do was to take the boys to the Children's Museum of the Upstate in Greenville, South Carolina. One of the exhibits was a "make and take" art project. The photos above and below are the "fish prints," the current  project. It was surprisingly easy to do and not as messy as I would have thought.



The museum is interactive where the children "drive" race cars and space ships, shop in a play grocery store and scan their own products, slide through a giant stomach that makes appropriately rude noises, and climb in a giant kaleidoscope.

We finished with our art project and I know the boys had fun. How do I know? When it was time to leave the five year old BEGGED to stay.

I will frame the fish prints in a nice frame as a memento for the boys and I hope to go back again in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! Those are some neat fish drawings. Thanks for sharing, Joanie

    ReplyDelete