Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Isn't it beautiful


Yesterday, my daughter sent me this photo of a dish she made to take to a party and in the text she wrote, "Isn't it beautiful?" I must agree it makes a beautiful dish. I think it would be perfect sitting next to a big bowl of corn chips to eat while watching a football game or for a tailgating party. It would also make a great spicy side dish with grilled wings, burgers or hot dogs. It is a colorful dish and SO easy -- full of tasty harvest vegetables.

Black Bean Salsa

3 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
1 can Mexican-style corn, drained
2 tomatoes, diced
1 bunch of green onions

Note: The diced tomatoes with chilies makes this a hot and spicy dish. If you don't like hot and spicy, you may want to cut down on some of the tomatoes with chilies.

Mix all ingredients together, refrigerate and let the flavors mix for 8 hours. I plan to make this soon and I will probably use some chopped cilantro in my salsa.

2 comments:

  1. It is Beautiful! I can't wait to try this recipe out - looks delicious and it's a pretty healthy choice too. Thanks for sharing, Joanie

    ReplyDelete