Thursday, March 17, 2011

The wearing of the green


Happy St. Patrick's Day. Hope you are wearing green. This morning when I woke up, I looked at in my closet and didn't find much green. I am wearing my only green article of clothing, a green sweater, but I have on some of my green jewelry. That is what I want to share with you today. My green jewelry is all of the "costume" variety but for some reason it is my favorite. I wear it as often as possible.

My most prized piece of "green" jewelry is my shamrock pin my mom brought me back from Ireland. Quite fitting for today. Of course it is pinned to my green sweater.


This lovely brooch was given to me by my friend, Angela. It is lovely and is the prettiest brooch in my collection.


This brooch I purchased at a department store a few years ago. I like it because it looks older, though it is not. I think it has a vintage look.


Another of my favorites is this jade and copper bracelet and earrings given to me by my sister. I love this set and I think it is very pretty. The copper could have health benefits, according to some people, though you couldn't prove it by me. I like the color. I know it will eventually be more brown than copper-colored but that will add to it's appeal.

I am not too much for corned beef and cabbage and boiled potatoes. I would prefer green tea and spinach salad for my St. Paddy's Day treats but the jewelry is the way I mark this day. I think my Granny would be proud. She always said she was Irish. I don't think her genealogy backed it up but I am wearing my green jewelry today in honor of her. If she were alive today, I am sure she would be wearing a beautiful green brooch.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a great St. Patrick's Day, Deberah!
    Those are some lovely pieces of jewelry, made all the more special by 'who' gave them to you!
    I haven't been to Ireland, yet, but everyone always talks about the beautiful 40 Shades of Green.

    I watched some of QVC's St. Patrick's Day coverage - it was great! They bring in
    'co-hosts' from Ireland and there are some wonderful items, brought in from Ireland: Waterford crystal, Jewelry made from Connemara Marble, Beleek China, beautiful sweaters...they even have Irish music and dancers!

    (I watched QVC's show, talking with my sister-in-law in Florida, who was also looking for Irish items - we had a good time!)
    Hope you have a nice weekend, Joanie

    ReplyDelete