Thursday, February 16, 2012

Green tea "ice cream"


There aren't too many products out there that have as many positives as negatives. The people at the unlikely-named company of Turtle Mountain have developed some products that make me wonder if it is possible to combine "healthy" and "pleasure."

This company makes the So Delicious dairy-free and soy-free products that include coconut milk and now almond milk. I have tried their coconut milk and I wasn't too impressed, though I do think coconut milk is good for you because it contains no trans fats.

In my opinion, the problem with the coconut milk is that it was kind of bland and didn't taste anything like coconut. Now maybe that is a good thing, since people are sometimes put off by the flavor of coconut. I am not. I LOVE the taste of coconut. You could make my "milk" taste just like fresh coconut cake and I would be delighted, but the cartons of coconut milk products in the dairy case usually don't.

Now for the ice creams. They are very yummy. There is a hint of coconut in every one I have tried. There is a richness and smoothness to all of them, too. Totally yummy.

If you have allergies, you would probably be very happy with So Delicious products because they have some very delicious dairy treats like the Green Tea Coconut Milk ice cream, pictured above. I can also say it is very hard to beat the So Delicious chocolate ice cream.

The only down side is that for some people like me, calories are calories. These products probably won't help you lose weight but they are very nice for an occasional treat and it can't hurt that the green tea variety has plenty of antioxidants. I can also tell you that the price is pretty high in the grocery stores. Both Publix and Kroger carry these products. They don't carry as many flavors as I would like. It's most often just Vanilla and Chocolate, but they are good and free of the most common allergens. Just like everything else, don't over-indulge and your waistline and pocketbook will thank you.

Here is the link to the website. You can sign up for a coupon and if you are like me, you can drool over their flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment