Monday, November 12, 2012

Sargent Baptist Church Holiday Cookbook

I received an email that a new cookbook by the members of Sargent Baptist Church was for sale and while I like to help people raise money, I LOVE to buy church cookbooks and I love the idea behind this new one, From Our Family To Yours: Our Best Holiday Recipes from Sargent Baptist Church.

It's all about the holidays and if you have a dish you usually prepare only during Thanksgiving or Christmas, the recipe is probably in this book.

It begins with section on holiday punch recipes and finger-foods and I really love it that there are a number of cranberry punch recipes--my favorite. There are dips, soups, salads, some main dishes, breakfast foods, some vegetables and casseroles, breads and tons of candy, cakes and holiday treats.

It is like someone said let's do a cookbook so people will know how to cook for a holiday party. The recipes, inspired by the holidays are mostly easy, crowd-pleasers and I know I will try a number of recipes this holiday season.

My favorites besides the cranberry punch--several versions of Mexican dip and the charming, Magic Snowman Stew that calls for a Hershey's Kiss and Hug and has rhyming directions (Kids will love it!). I also love the Broccoli-Ramen Noodle Slaw, the breakfast casseroles and the Red Velvet Swirl Brownies. There are so many recipes for goodies that I just can't choose. I especially love the two-ingredient recipes. They would really be a time-saver in the busy days ahead.

I will admit, I just love Christmas and I think this book is great. Just "google" their church, Sargent Baptist Church in Sargent, Georgia and you can find their phone number to call someone who will sell you a book. All proceeds go to missions.

No comments:

Post a Comment