Thursday, December 27, 2012

Browsing seed catalogs


What am I doing this week? That would be looking through all the seed catalogs I have been receiving through the mail for a few weeks now.

With all the holiday cooking, present buying and partying we have been doing the past month, I haven't really had time to sit down and look through them--until now.


My favorite, so far is a new one, Totally Tomatoes. I just love it because there is almost any kind of tomato I can think of and I dearly love planning for, planting and growing tomatoes. There are just so many varieties and right now I can't even tell you my favorite!

Of course that is not the only seed catalog I will be perusing. I think I will just keep a red pen handy and circle all the things I love. Then I will go through them again and check all the things I must have. After that I will see what my budget will be and order all the things I can afford.

You can get on the mailing lists online and there are more seed catalogs than I can list and it is so much fun to receive them in the mail. It is certainly a wonderful thing to do this time every year. It's fun to at least dream of sunny, spring days. It is also fun to plant the seeds and watch them grow.

This year, there will be a class on seed starting that I am planning to attend on Thursday, January 17, from 7:00pm to 9:00pm that I will be attending at the Coweta County Extension office on Pine Road in Newnan. The $10 fee benefits Coweta 4-H.

No comments:

Post a Comment