Thursday, January 16, 2014

My new book


I will start by saying this is a great book! It was given to me by my Master Gardening Mentor and I am loving it. It tells you what to do, month-by-month for Georgia for all the different things that are growing in your yard, garden and more.

It traveled with me last weekend to my daughter's house and we really enjoyed looking through it to find out what we should be doing in January.

If you thought the answer to that might be sitting by the fire, the answer would be no. We learned we needed to fertilize, mulch and spray her fruit trees. This gave her so much peace of mind that she has decided to order one of these books for herself.

If you like having a "To-Do" gardening list you could also subscribe to Walter Reeves website because he sends out a month-by-month to-do list. I will say there is more information on each topic in addition to the list which makes the book even more valuable, but the list is great--and really great for new gardeners!

What a wonderful gift and I am looking forward to having a gardening mentor and keeping up with what I need to do month by month.

1 comment:

  1. What a thoughtful gift! Sounds like you've got yourself a terrific mentor!

    ReplyDelete